At Horizon we value our staff as our most important resource. As such, staff wellbeing is considered vital to the effective running of our schools.
The central HR service delivers specialist support to each school on matters of recruitment, employment law, performance management along with compliance and staff relations. The service is provided by experienced staff with a vast knowledge of school specific arrangements.
Our intention is to ensure that there are consistent HR policies across all of our schools so staff are treated fairly no matter which of our schools they work in.
If converting to an academy
- Information, advice and support during the transition to academy status and initial HR orientation
HR Advisory & Administration
- Performance management
- Employment law advice
- Absence management and reporting reviews
- Grievance and disciplinary support
- Complex casework
- Union consultation
- Workforce planning
- Staff recruitment and retention
- Processing of all contractual appointments, terminations and variations
Strategic HR Support
- Change management
- Restructuring and redundancy
- Strategic workforce planning
- Attracting and retaining the best staff
- Policy development